I’ve been slacking in the blogging department lately! A lot has been going on the last few weeks… In the interest of not writing a 20-page blog entry, I’ll briefly summarize: Continue reading
Things that have/are happening this week:
1) Jason moved to the new building at work. It is super weird and I’m not really a fan at all.
2) we ordered what may be Jason’s wedding suit from Macy’s. Hopefully it’s the right color, fit and I can find a matching vest. As it is the in-store selection at Macy’s (especially the Macy’s near us) sucks and the Joseph A. Bank near us still had yet to get the suit Jason wants in stock & doesn’t know when, if ever, it will arrive. So fingers crossed the suit I picked today works out.
3) My sister/bridesmaid, niece/flower girl, & the world’s best mom come into town on Friday. My psyched level is at an all time high, Can. Not. Wait.
4) Wedding invitations are being mailed out on Friday. It’s time, let’s get this party started, ya’ll! They are stuffed, addressed, stamped and ready to go.
5) I have two bridal showers to attend this weekend, first one thrown by my friends on Saturday and the second thrown by my family & including Jason’s family on Sunday. It’s going to be a whirlwind of a weekend & I cannot wait!
Now that wedding day is fast approaching it really feels like time is just flying by. Twenty days fly by just like a single day. It’s crazy. Final decisions are being made left and right — ie. we’ll be having the ceremony inside the barn rather than at the gazebo now due to a variety of reasons. This is by far the most exciting and nerve-racking time of my life to date by far!
Today I checked a wedding app on my phone and saw this:
I was reviewing The Knot’s wedding checklist and the items on my to-do list are dwindling down to nothing, which feels so damn good. After all this, long engagements for the win!
I’m back with the regularly scheduled wedding planning. Our wedding is 115 days from today & it is time to make the final few purchases, finalize some details and organize, organize, organize.